To the north of the church is the Church Hall. The hall has three main spaces where a number of local groups meet and is available for hire. We can offer:
- Three different large functional spaces
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Tables and chairs to seat around 140 people
- Full size badminton court marked out in the main hall
- Fire safety approval for 400
- Designated disabled parking
- Small car park at the front of the hall, larger one at the rear and overspill parking bays on the road
Hire Charges (from 1st Sep 2019)
The Charging and Deposits System
Hire is charged on an hourly rate, or part of each hour, and is to be paid in advance of use. A damage/cleaning/disposal deposit of £30.00 is applied to all occasional hirers and will be retained if either the hall or floor are damaged, or additional cleaning or contracted rubbish disposal is required following the hire period.
Discounts are available for Church Work, Church Affiliated Groups, Church Members and Regular Users.
- Main Hall and Kitchen – £19 per hour or part of an hour
- Back Hall – £10 per hour or part of an hour
- Upper Room – £10 per hour or part of an hour
- Kitchen (See Notes 2&3) – £4 per hour or part of an hour
- All Facilities – £37 per hour or part of an hour
1. No charge is made for Church and Mission work.
2. A discount rate of 50% applies to PCC sponsored events and Church affiliated groups. This is a no profit hire rate and the maximum discount applied and cannot be awarded with any other discounts.
3. Public and individual hire – the following discounts may apply. For hire by a listed member on Christ Church Electoral Roll (10%) and/or a Regular User (10%). A Regular User is defined in Note 1 below.
4. Applications for discounts are to be made through the Hall Manager. In the case of any disagreement over an entitlement to discount the Hall Manager should refer the case to the Hall Management Committee. Until resolved the full charge is to be paid in advance. If the discount is approved by the HMC any overpayment will be refunded, backdated to the initial hire session.
1. A Regular User is a single organisation or person paying for 6 or more sessions or regular bookings over 6 months or more.
2. The kitchen is included with the hire of the Main Hall. The hirer of the Main Hall can decide to allow users of other rooms to use the kitchen, although the Main Hall hirer may not sub let it.
3. The kitchen may be hired separately if the Main Hall has not been let.
Maintenance, Improvement Proposals and Complaints
The Hall Manager administers hall rental, logs maintenance requirements and complaints on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Hall Management Committee and Christ Church PCC. Any issue that cannot be resolved by the Hall Manager must be presented to the Hall Management Committee Chairman with a written case and a recommendation. Maintenance or improvement suggestions should be passed to the Hall Manager and/or the Hall Management Committee. This committee will determine any actions required and will liaise with the PCC or Standing Committee if higher approval is required.
If you have an enquiry about using our hall, or for bookings, please contact our Hall Manager, using the form at the bottom of the page or by telephoning 07745 128499 or 023 9226 7261.
Current bookings are showing in the following calendar: