As the new Curate (trainee Vicar) here at Christ Church for just two weeks, life will never be the same again. I have opened a summer Festival, I have met loads of lovely people, and generally began getting used to wearing a collar. I forgot it was on until a man I met in Costa asks me for prayer, such a privilege.
Besides this new role I have also begun to run a new business www.mojou.co.uk so a whole life ministry is unfolding, in which Sam, Harrison, Elijah and I are beginning to find a new rhythm. I am doing this so that I can be self-financing whilst at Christ Church although this does mean I am not around all the time.
So. What do we have planned. Below is a summary of what we are discerning as a leadership team. More details to follow:
- Youth Ministry – The young people in and around Christ Church. Plans are quite early on, ask questions and make suggestions if you want to be involved, more so if you have children.
- Men’s Ministry – Doing bloke stuff! Whatever that may look like. I am looking forward to getting to know you locally. We plan to organise events, prayer groups and study groups.
- Supporting Christians in Business – This is something I am already involved in and am looking forward to bringing this to our City of Portsmouth.
- Is there more to life than this? Alpha Course is a great way for us as a community to explore this question www.alpha.org.
- CAP money courses, maximise your cash that equates to a 30% pay rise, every little helps. www.capuk.org.
Both courses are planned for early 2017.
Alongside wanting to meet as many people as I can please do contact me if any of the above is of interest. email@example.com or 07443 577577.
Revd. Mark James, Deacon (trainee Vicar) at Christ Church, Portsdown
Families with young children at Christ Church
Sam and I would like to invite you to a picnic on Sunday 21st August, 12:00pm to 3:00pm on Purbrook Heath Cricket Field.
It is a great opportunity to get to know you and your children as we think about children’s work here at Christ Church over the next few years, so please do come along.
Bring a picnic, blanket, a game and yourselves.
We can’t wait to meet, chat, and generally get to know each other as we consider children’s work here at Christ Church.
For further info contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07443 577577.
If you can’t make the date but have young children of any age do contact me please.